January 26, 2012

Sunday- Evening

It was a classic Wisconsin Supper Club experience.

Having grown up in prime Supper Club territory, it never occurred to me that this was a purely Upper Midwest, 'Sconnie in particular, phenomenon. It was always just part of the landscape. It wasn't until this year when Trevor spoke of his love of Supper Clubs that I even started to question my lack of appreciation. Then I saw this article in the NY Times about two supper clubs right near my childhood home (one literally a five minute walk away, the other where I had my prom dinner) and realized that it was a thing. I even only realized this past weekend that the Red Stag Supper Club in town is a hipster appropriation of the genre.

On the way home on Sunday we stopped at a place just outside of Westby Wisconsin.

Check the time warp

IMG_2005

IMG_2006

IMG_2007

IMG_2008

IMG_2009

IMG_2011

IMG_2014

IMG_2017

IMG_2018

IMG_2020

IMG_2023

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I, who is from Wisconsin, were just talking about this the other day. Capital brewery even has a beer called Super Club.