July 9, 2010

Crucial Jams

The Lighter Side Of Mark

Jeff got me thinking about good delivery systems of summer-ness. While I love me some Silver Jews (I have only three of their albums but still), Mark$ter be needin' a little more rock in his freak sauce these days. Perhaps a result of my mortality consciousnesses. I'm not going to get a convertible and drive around listening to the Beach Boys like Mr. Prince down the street did - at a young age, my first hard lesson about what it means to be pathetic - but I think my compulsion to get the hard riffs comes from making up for lost time in younger years. Enough about that stuff - you'll all get old too and start thinking about annoying shit. Anyways, here are some of my favorite summer essentials of recent years - the incomparable EDDIE AND THE HOTRODS. 1977 era English rock/punk roots that goes perfect with shorts, heat, cold beers, laughing your ass off and being sentimental, and cute girls that continue to love you while you sort things out.

No comments: