August 16, 2009

Soutside Suicide 4 Results




For those of you following the blog you know that Southside Suicide was yesterday.

Here's what went down.

I got a call from Randy that morning asking if I was going to practice what I preach. By that he meant riding a single speed. He told me he was going to so I felt that I had to as well. If I was going to lose, I was going to lose with dignity.

Anyway, long story short for the third time in a row, my Benotto carried me to victory. I lead from the first stop to the last and almost threw up at the third stop (you have to slam a beer at every stop), and almost lost it again after the shot of coconut milk and olive.
B. Rad was on my ass the whole way, and he definitely showed his experience in the routes that he chose. (I found out later that B.rad was going for the trifecta of riding out to Carver that morning (40 mile round trip), hitting Super Bridge Club, and then racing. That's a ridiculously big day for anyone)

This was by far the most difficult of my three Southside victories. My legs feel like total shit today.
Thanks to Leif, and thanks to the other riders.

The final results were
1. me
2. B.Rad
3. Verb

by the end of the race we were all drunk, and later learned some life lessons.

It was a good show all the way around

No comments: