August 26, 2009

Capricorn Custom bag mounts

Brad from Capricorn fabricated this cool bag attachment
IMG_3334[1]

IMG_3335[1]

In Brad's words:

Many of you will have seen this bag at its debut at Minnecycle. Over the course of the subsequent week I've been using it daily, but was never really satisfied with the mounts. So I made a decaleur. Normally these aren't very impressive pieces of hardware. And it's not that I sought to make anything any better than anyone else, but I may have gotten a little carried away with this one, as is my wont sometimes. Most importantly: it works and it provides a solid connection for the bag, which doesn't flop around anymore. If I never make something like this again, I'm totally fine with that. This was something that lodged itself under my bonnet and literally had to be made.

No comments: