July 6, 2009

BFF Alleycat Prize Wheels

Here ya go kids. These are the two sets of wheels that will go to the top Men's and Women's finishers at this Saturday's Bicycle Film Fest Alleycat. I wanted to build something outrageous and ridiculous and I think it's safe to say: mission accomplished.

Our good friends at Velocity (have you ever noticed how Velocity sponsors almost every large bike event around? It's almost like they care about you or something. weird) and Handspun (master wheel builders) contributed rims, spokes and labor and nipples respectively. All-City kicked in with the hubs and the not so color matching was left up to me.

While it's true that you likely wouldn't build either of these as wheelsets for your new ride. As prize wheels they are ace, once on your bike you'll constantly be explaining that you won them.






I'm finishing up the course design tonight, and I'm already getting pumped for Saturday.

No comments: